Thursday, November 11, 2010

Politics as Usual

I don't think I should have to post a link for this given it's being discussed by every major (and probably most minor) news sources that President Obama's considering a compromise to extend tax cuts President Bush gave to those making more than $250K/year.

Let me make one thing clear.  I'm not going to speak for or against the decision.  If I'm going to post something political, I'm going to try and focus on key facts.  Here are some.

No surprise, Democratic activists aren't happy.  But the gains sent by the Republicans sent a clear message to President Obama that the people (at least those who voted) aren't satisfied.

One thing to consider is that regardless of which party the President comes from, while in office, he/she is the president that both (or all) parties must answer to.  On the other side of that coin, the President must listen to the wants and wills of all parties.  If that means compromising, that's just what he's got to do.  Even if he and his core followers want.

Only time (and the next election) will tell if it's the right decision.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment