Monday, December 6, 2010

First Partial Request

Last week, I started sending out e-queries to several agents I found on AgentQuery.  I sent out about 10 queries based on their criteria - some just query letters, others with synopses and/or chapters.

On my way home from a short work-related trip to DC, I stopped for some Chinese takeout.  My fortune cookie told me that today was a lucky day to take a gamble.  By coincidence, in my email was a request from one of the agents for a synopsis and the first 50 pages.  The thrill of a partial is one thing, but after a stressful trip it was unbelievable.

I actually sent 51 pages, explaining that the last page ended Chapter 3.  Maybe tomorrow, I'll order a quart of the house fried rice rather than just a pint. 

Wish me luck and

Write On!

No comments:

Post a Comment