Thursday, October 20, 2011

The World Is Ending - Postponed From Earlier Date

You heard it here.  Of course, chances are if you are reading this post after Friday, October 21, 2011 the prediction was wrong.  I'm sorry, I mean it might have just been postponed....again.  You may remember the predictions of radio preacher Harold Camping who said Judgment Day would come May 21, but when it didn't happen, he said that was just the spiritual judgment day.  The world will end more quietly Friday October 21.  So should we waste time continuing to write and edit, or just have fun in our last 24hours (plus or minus).  I mean, I have some work deadlines coming up from my paying job. 

You know what really sucks about this prediction?  If it's true, I'll miss the opening of Avengers.

Sometimes these "news" stories are odder than any fantasy or sci-fi story and makes me think about doing something like a short story with such a theme.  Although, I think it works better for a comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment