Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I Thought Those Holes In My Belt Were Just Decorative (Off-Topic: Training Mode)

Since I was first pre-tested for my second degree black belt, I've lost about 10-12 pounds, my SUV spare tire has been replaced by one for a subcompact, and my man-boobs have shrunk from about a C cup to about an A.  The test hasn't been formally scheduled, but I could have another 3 or more weeks to prepare.

Since I'm in "training mode" I am attending more classes, but when the test is over, I'll go back to my normal 2 - 3 classes per week (rest of the weeks is family time).  So how do I maintain when my training routine goes down?  Early losses are typically fastest and taking more classes helps definitely, but some things that have helped included some changes in eating and more cardio work.

Late night snacks/eating after my Tae Kwon Do class are a tough habit to break.  I'm hoping I'll be able to continue avoiding them after the test.

It also seems to help that I changed my lunch habits at work.  I use to bring nothing but stuff you'd find on a fruit/veggie platter (grapes, baby carrots, apples, bananas...).  Unfortunately I never really felt full, so I'd turn to snacks.  Now I take a bit more.  My new favorite at lunch is grilled chicken caesar salads or grilled chicken caesar wraps.   Much more satisfying, so I don't want to snack as much.

Hopefully, by the time I post again, I'll be locked in below 200 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment